ALBION, N.Y. (WKBW) — Orleans County officials continue to provide regular updates on the confirmed cases of coronavirus in the county.
As of May 21 there are 171 confirmed cases of coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, in the county.
223 people have died, 77 are under mandatory quarantine, 1368 negative test results have been received. 57 people have recovered.
The Orleans County Health Departments says to practice social distancing and other germ prevention practices to prevent the spread such as:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid people who are sick.
- Disinfect high-traffic surfaces often.