NEW YORK (WKBW) — New York State has released a list of co-morbidities/underlying conditions eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine beginning February 15th.
Adults of any age with the following medical conditions are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine
- Cancer (current or in remission including 9/11 related cancers)
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Heart conditions, including but not limited to heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathyies, or hypertension
- Immunocompromised state including but not limited to solid organ transplant or from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, use of other immune weakening medicines, or other causes
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities including Down Syndrome
- Liver disease
- Neurologic conditions including but not limited to Alzheimer's Disease and dementia
- Pulmonary Disease, including but not limited to COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, and 9/11 related pulmonary diseases
- Severe Obesity
- Sickle cell disease or Thalassemia
- Type 1 or 2 diabetes
At this point, it's unclear how people with these conditions will be able to sign-up to be vaccinated.