HAMBURG, N.Y. (WKBW) — CVS received more than 20,000 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine from the federal government in early February. Spreading those out between 32 locations in New York State, including five locally.
CVS gets a weekly allocation of vaccines from the federal government. 7 Eyewitness News will keep you updated when appointments are available.
The locations were chosen based on which populations have the highest need and which locations have the most space to social distance, according to Ed Campbell, Regional Director at CVS. He says as they get more doses, they will add more locations.
The vaccine is free and this is separate from the company's efforts to vaccinate those in long term care facilities. Campbell directs people to their websiteto get started.
"That is the resource, their local stores won't be able to help them get appointments, they need to go to the website," said Campbell.
The registration process takes a few minutes, here's a step-by-step breakdown:
- Go to CVS.com and click "Get COVID-19 info," the white box at the top of the screen
- You'll see a map, select New York and you'll see who's eligible and where they're booking appointments
- Click "schedule appointment now"
- You'll fill out a brief COVID-19 questionnaire
- Confirm you're eligible, if you meet the age requirement, you should get through easily
- Put in your zip code, pick the location closest to you
- Select a time and date to schedule both doses
- Enter personal information
- Name, address, contact information, etc.
- Questions about allergies and health matters
- Questions about race and ethnicity
- Review the patient fact sheet
- Give your consent and wait for an email or text confirmation
If you have trouble getting online to do these ten steps, you can call CVS at 1-800-746-7827.
On appointment day, bring:
- Valid ID
- Medical insurance
- Prescription insurance
- A mask
"As a company, we're proud to step forward and play a prominent role in bringing our communities back to a healthy place, bringing families back together," said Ed Campbell, Regional Director at CVS.