ALBANY, N.Y. (WKBW) — New York casinos can begin reopening on September 9.
Governor Andrew Cuomo made that announcement during a conference call on Thursday.
And while the governor has given the greenlight to New York casinos to get back in business, there are some important health guidelines they must follow to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Buildings must have advanced filtration systems
- Can operate at 25% capacity
- Table games are not permitted unless the casino installs physical barriers to separate players. Those barriers would need to be approved by NYS.
- Slot machine players must be seated 6ft apart unless separated by physical barriers
- More staff must be in place to enforce social distancing and mask requirements
The New York State Gaming Commission will regulate the reopening process.
Casinos owned by the Seneca Nation slowly reopened back in June and July.