Cigarette butt believed to have sparked fire that damaged Amherst hotel

Firefighters in Amherst are investigating the blaze that damaged a hotel Wednesday morning.

The flames ripped through the back of the Extended Stay America, damaging part of the first floor. 

Investigators believe the fire off Niagara Falls Boulevard spread due to the high winds.

No one was injured. Firefighters are still looking into an exact cause, but they believe the flames were sparked by a cigarette butt.

Take WKBW Everywhere, on all your devices.  Download below!

Phone or Tablet: Apple, Android
Set-top Device: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Alexa

Personalize your news, get the latest 7 First Alert Forecast, and watch 7 Eyewitness News video wherever, whenever.

Learn more here about what 7 Eyewitness News provides on all these devices.
Print this article Back to Top