A National grid utility worker has been shocked while working on a utility pole on Glenwood Court in Cheektowaga.
Cheektowaga police confirm the worker is male and was alive when taken to ECMC. National Grid said on Thursday that the employee's condition has improved since the incident on Wednesday.
A statement from the company went on to say "His (the worker) family is by his side and he is in good spirits. We will continue to support him on his road to recovery. National Grid is committed to the safety of our employees and continues to review the incident."
The National Grid Strategic Communications Director released this original statement Wednesday:
“In the course of performing his job, one of our electric line workers was injured. He was transported to the local hospital where he is being treated for his injuries. The safety of our employees continues to be our priority and we are conducting a full investigation. Please keep our employees and their families in your thoughts and prayers.”