wkbw_49278_Super7_658x90.png

Actions

Cat alerts homeowner to electrical fire

default.png
Posted at 7:18 AM, Dec 15, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-15 07:18:00-05

A homeowner is crediting her cat for alerting her to an electrical fire.

Fire crews rushed to 74 Woltz Avenue in Buffalo around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, on reports of smoke and flames showing on an exterior wall. The homeowner tells 7 Eyewitness News that after her cat woke her up, she smelled smoke and saw it coming from a socket before she fled the home to safety.

The fire was extinguished within 30 minutes and there were no injuries. But the electrical fire did cause $15,000 in damage.

 

 
 

 

Stay in Touch Anywhere, Anytime with News, Weather and Video -- Download the WKBW app:

Android App

iPhone/iPad App

Or Sign Up for Our Newsletters -- Delivered to Your E-mail:

E-News, Forecast and Bills Beat Newsletters