Price-of-Water-658x90.jpg

Actions

Carelessly discarded ashes cause garage fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WKBW.png
Posted at 11:49 AM, Nov 28, 2014
and last updated 2015-11-23 11:49:52-05

Fire officials say a blaze at the garage of a home on Roycroft Boulevard in Amherst was caused by carelessly discarded ashes from a fireplace.

Flames broke out around 2:30 a.m. Friday on the outside of the garage, causing $50,000 damage to the structure and its contents. Fire crews were able to extinguish the blaze before it breached the interior of the garage.

Fire officials say the blaze was started by carelessly discarded ashes from a fireplace.