News

Actions

Careless use of candles to blame for house fire

Posted: 7:30 AM, Sep 16, 2015
Updated: 2015-09-16 11:30:07Z

A family was displaced after a bedroom fire broke out in their Delavan-Grider home.

The fire broke out around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday at 438 Cambridge Avenue.

Firefighters said it appears that the fire started in a rear bedroom and spread through the first floor and up to the second floor. Officials think the careless use of candles is to blame for the fire.

One firefighter was taken to the hospital for a minor injury. The family made it out okay.

Damages to the home are estimated to be $60,000.

 

 

 
 

 

Stay in Touch Anywhere, Anytime with News, Weather and Video -- Download the WKBW app:

Android App

iPhone/iPad App

Or Sign Up for Our Newsletters -- Delivered to Your E-mail:

E-News and Bills Beat Newsletters