From punk rock to the polished performance of the Buffalo Philharmonic, there is something for everyone at this year's Thursday night concerts at Canalside.
The free concert series kicks off June 9th with Charles Bradley and His Extraordinaires. Frank Turner comes to town the following week, followed by Public Enemy.
The Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra turns back the clock on July 28th with "A Tribute to David Bowie." The music icon died in January.
The season wraps up August 25th with the funk music group Claypool Lennon Delirium, which features the son of the late John Lennon and the lead singer of the alternative band Primus.
The summer of 2016 will mark the fifth year of the free concert series at Canalside.
Here is the full concert list:
- June 9: Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires
- June 16: Frank Turner with special guests July Talk
- June 23: Public Enemy
- June 30: Frankie Ballard
- July 7: Dweezil Zappa Plays Frank Zappa
- July 14: Shakey Graves and Preservation Hall Jazz Band & Wild Child
- July 21: The Arcs and Mariachi Flor De Toloache
- July 28: BPO “A Tribute to David Bowie”
- August 4: Tritonal
- August 11: Lowest of the Low and Serena Ryder
- August 18: Coolio
- August 25: Claypool Lennon Delirium
While the concerts are free, $55 VIP tickets can be purchased for each concert. The tickets include three glasses of beer/wine/pop/water, appetizers and finger foods from the VIP tent catered by (716) Food and Sport, and access to private bathrooms and the front-of-stage viewing area.
7ABC is a sponsor of the Thursday Canalside Concert series.