Buffalo Public School officials say three students have been hospitalized after getting a hold of a substitute teacher's prescription pills at School #30 on Thursday.
Officials say the teacher brought in the prescription narcotic in pill-form to school with her. It was discovered that the first grade students may have removed and touched the pills.
According to school officials, one of the students admitted to swallowing a pill.
The students were taken to Women and Children's Hospital. Their parents were notified along with Poison Control and Buffalo Police. The students have been released from the hospital.
Officials say counseling will be available so that the students "will understand the seriousness of their actions."
|Live video, the latest news and no surveys - download the WKBW app|
|News, forecast and Bills newsletters delivered to your e-mail inbox|