A new study names Buffalo as one of the top 10 most affordable outdoor-friendly cities in the country.
Topping the list put out by Realtor.com is Greenville, South Carolina.
Buffalo is number 10 on the list. Researchers attribute the city's waterfront revitalization, the fact that it is located less than half an hour away from the world-famous Niagara Falls. It's also about an hour away from Letchworth State Park.
Here are the facts that went into compiling this list:
- Number of national parks within a four-hour drive (perfect for a weekend camping trip), using Google Maps data
- Number of state parks or beaches within a one-hour drive (envision afternoon getaways), using Google Maps data
- Restaurants with outdoor seating, using Yelp data
- Annual months of mild weather, with daily highs between 60 and 80 degrees, using National Weather Service data
- Bicycle-friendliness rating from the League of American Bicyclists
- Median home prices under $300,000, using realtor.com data