What better way to come together as a community than by sharing a beer?
Buffalo Beer Week is just days away and the Buffalo Niagara Brewers Association (BNBA) is ready to hit the ground running.
"Let's face it - beer brings people together so our theme this year is one of celebrating diversity and inclusiveness," said William Brooks, president of the BNBA.
With so many locally owned breweries in the City of Buffalo and the surrounding suburbs, beer is once again a big industry in Western New York.
"Buffalo Beer Week is a celebration of the booming craft beer industry that is providing jobs and encouraging community pride in our region," said Sam Hoyt, Regional President of Empire State Development Corporation.
The 7th Annual Buffalo Beer Week starts Friday and runs through October 2. Featured events include:
- Pre-Launch event with 2nd Annual Brewers Shuffleboard Tournament on Thursday, September 22 at Big Ditch Brewing Company
- Official Kickoff Event at the Adam Mickiewicz Library on 612 Fillmore Avenue in Buffalo
- FemALE Beer Release on Thursday, September 29 at 6 p.m. at the Rusty Nickel Brewing Co in West Seneca
- The Goddesses 4th Anniversary Party on Thursday, September 29th at 7 p.m. at Mr. Goodbar on Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo
- 1st Annual Meatball Street Brawl on Sunday, October 2 at Osteria 166 on 166 Franklin Street in Buffalo
- Casks for a Cause! on Friday, September 30 at 5 p.m. at 41 Columbia Street in Buffalo
- Ballpark Brew Bash on Saturday, September 24 from 4-10 p.m. at Coca-Cola Field
Click here for a full list of events and their descriptions.