Getting married can be one of the most amazing moments in your life! It can also be one of the most stressful...and one of the most expensive!
According to the wedding website The Knot, the average wedding in the United States costs around $33,000. In New York, the average is even higher, about $57,000. To save you money, time and hassle in planning your wedding we went to the experts!
The Wedding Agent in Kenmore has been in business for nearly two decades. Mia Salvaggio, the owner of the Wedding Agent offered us her best tips to save you some money on your big day.
- Check out a bridal show. It's a convenient way to meet several vendors. Many of them also offer show-only discounts.
- Check the guest list. Trim the number of guests to cut down on costs.
- Consider off days or off seasons. Some venues offer discounts for booking on Fridays or Sundays or during slower booking periods
- Make smart swaps! Instead of all floral centerpieces, which on average run about $100, swap out candles or rented centerpieces for a third of the cost.
- Swap a tiered cake for a faux cake. A faux display cake still has an insert for real cake the bride and groom can cut, but then you can serve sheet cake. In addition to being cheaper, you can also serve your guests more quickly! Trish Mullaney, owner of Dessert Deli, says this is especially helpful for outdoor weddings
- Consider a "photo wall"! Instead of a photobooth, you can use a decorative curtain, a floral backdrop or printed wallpaper and have guests take their own photos
- Do your homework. Look for red flags from your vendors. Cheaper doesn't always mean better! If your vendor isn't getting back to you in a timely manner or keeps changing the cost, look elsewhere
- Something old, something borrowed! Check with friends and family for things you can borrow. Think accessories like shoes, jewelry or even a veil.
- Trim your invitations. Maybe omit an inner envelope or an extra card. Stick to the basics!
Our most important tip: enjoy your day with the people you love!