News

Actions

1-year-old girl suffers severe chemical burns

Posted: 2:14 PM, Sep 28, 2015
Updated: 2015-09-28 14:14:09-04
1-year-old girl suffers severe chemical burns

A 1-year-old Amish girl was taken to Children’s Hospital in Buffalo after suffering severe chemical burns.

State Police say an Amish woman was carrying a bucket of lye, a powerful chemical used for washing laundry, through her home in Centerville in Allegany County when she slipped and fell.

The bucket of lye spilled on the woman and her 1-year-old daughter, causing severe chemical burns.

The little girl was taken to Children’s Hospital in Buffalo. The mother was also hospitalized, but it is unclear which hospital she was taken to.

 

 
 

 

Stay in Touch Anywhere, Anytime with News, Weather and Video -- Download the WKBW app:

Android App

iPhone/iPad App

Or Sign Up for Our Newsletters -- Delivered to Your E-mail:

E-News, Forecast and Bills Beat Newsletters