On School House 7 it is “Special’s Week.” Today Jay Hall focuses on physical education. Some of the reason physical education is important include the following.
1. Physical fitness – You gain strength, endurance and flexibility through exercise.
2. Physical skills - like throwing and catching, running, climbing and jumping
3. Bone strength through exercise and diet
4. Stress reducer – Physical education is great for stress reduction.
5. Anxiety/depression reduction – Better sleep, music and dance, yoga and medication
6. Relationships – You have mutual respect for other teams, teammates, and it promotes sportsmanship and positivity.
7. Memory & Concentration – Physical activity help with memory both short and long-term, encoding and storage
8. Self-confidence – Physical education builds self-confidence.
9. Life skills/survival – You learn navigation, first aid and mental attitude
10. Healthy lifestyle – Physical Education promotes a healthy lifestyle through, fitness, nutrition and relaxation.