Today educator Jay Hall continues to share strategies for mathematics. All the numbers and all the problems out there are vastly different. Jay goes back to the basics and developed something to help you known as the Fine 9 Math Strategies.
1. Counting on your fingers – It works
2. Manipulatives - Use beads on a string or candy or beans
3. Count out loud – It always works to verbalize the problem
4. Mental math – Working problems out in your brain before you put it on paper and see if that works.
5. Draw a picture – Pictures always do a great job of bringing imaginary to the study of mathematics. It really helps to see what you’re adding.
6. Tally marks – Use tally marks like groups of five.
7. Number lines – A classic mathematical practice
8. Number sentences – Again a classic. Make sure you’re very neat and keep your numbers very well organized in your number sentences