Certified Financial Planner, Jeff Hahn

S.C. Parker & Co., Inc.
Posted at 11:57 AM, Dec 10, 2015

Savings bonds and 529 contributions are just two of many different financial gifts that are appropriate for kids.

You can also consider giving:
• Stocks – You can transfer stock you already own, or you can purchase individual shares through an online brokerage that supports stock gift giving (such as ShareBuilder or OneShare).
• IRA Contributions – If the child has earned income from a job, you can fund his or her annual contribution, up to the allowable amount.
• Cash – Cold hard cash is always a welcome gift, but it might be most effective if it is money earmarked for a specific purpose, such as paying for a car, summer camp or to pay down an adult child’s debt (such as student loan or credit card debt).
• Financial Advice – A trip to a qualified financial planner can help even young children understand the value of money, savings and investing.

Jeff Hahn, Certified Financial Planner

Sponsored by S.C. Parker & Co., Inc. Securities offered through Cadaret, Grant & Co. Inc., Member FINRA, SIPC, S.C. Parker and Cadaret, Grant & Co. Inc. are separate entities.


SC Parket & Company
5892 Main Street
Williamsville, NY 14221