Attorney Steve Boyd talks about the historic step forward for child protection, the New York Child Victims Act.
He is joined by Chris Scuflita, the first person to come forward in 1990 with his face appearing on TV with the allegations against the catholic church.
- Allows child sex abuse survivors to bring a civil lawsuit against abusers and institutions that protected them until the survivor reaches the age of 55
- Opens a one-year window for child sexual abuse victims of any age to bring lawsuits for abuse that occurred even decades ago
- Revives previously barred actions related to sexual abuse of children
- Grants civil trial preference to such actions
- Eliminates the notice of claim requirements for such actions when the action is brought against a municipality, the state or a school district
Call 716 600-2019