The 2016 Buffalo Irish Festival will be back by the water in its new location on the Outer Harbor at Wilkeson Pointe, one of Buffalo’s newest waterfront parks this year. Now in its 35th year, the Festival will celebrate all things Irish with those who are and those who want to be Irish!
A colorful parade of flags representing each county in Ireland will kick off the Festivities on Friday at 5 pm.
The weekend-long Festival is expected to attract more than 15,000 visitors from Western New York and Southern Ontario.
The festival starts Friday August 26 at 4pm and goes until Sunday August 28 and it will be located at Wilkeson Pointe, 225 Fuhrmann Blvd. Buffalo, New York 14203.
Some Highlights include:
· Great new location at one of Buffalo’ newest waterfront parks on the Outer Harbor, teaming up with the Buffalo Bisons, who now operate the Outer Harbor.
· The Parade of Flags featuring flags from the 32 counties of Ireland to kick off the Festival at 5 pm. (free admission from 4 til 5:30!)
· Two stages of music and entertainment including traditional music, folk music, and Irish step-dancing
· An artisan market featuring exclusively Irish goods and crafts from nearly 30 individual vendors including embroidered items, jewelry, apparel, kilts, hand-painted items and Irish imports
· Genealogy experts, Irish authors and book signings
· Traditional Irish foods and beverages
· Raffle to win a trip for two to Ireland
· Sunday Mass at the WNY Irish Famine Memorial at 11 am
· Accessible by bike or shuttle via Canalside and the Bike Ferry; free parking and shuttles to the Festival from the old Pier site on the Outer Harbor.
Admission: Pre-sale weekend pass $20 and one-day pass $10 through Tickets.com; all Consumers Beverage locations, Buffalo Bisons Ticket Office, Buffalo Brewpub, Shannon Pub, and Tara Gift Shoppe. Free Admission Friday afternoon from 4 pm – 5:30 pm.
Admission at the festival gate: $15 adults, $10 seniors, $5 children (children under 4 are free).
Parking is free and available at the Outer Harbor at the old Pier Site; a complimentary shuttle from the Pier and the Bike Ferry Shuttle will drop directly at the Festival.
For more information visit: http://www.buffaloirish.com/