BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — As we start to get ready for back-to-school shopping, families in need are always looking for ways to make sure their kids have proper school supplies.
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article incorrectly indicated that drives were occurring at all eight locations on Monday. Only the West Side Community Services drive occurs on Monday.
The Independent Health Foundation is handing out 2,000 bags of school supplies throughout eight locations in Western New York, beginning with West Side Community Services on Monday.
Each bag will include the following
- glue sticks
- two masks
- fresh produce
The first drive will take place from 5 to 7 p.m. on Monday at West Side Community Services at 161 Vermont Street in Buffalo.
Additional drives are coming up at the following locations:
- Jericho Road Community Health Center: 1021 Broadway, Buffalo -- date yet to be released
- Westminster Community Charter School: 24 Westminster Avenue, Buffalo -- August 27, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Akron Newstead Senior Center: 5691 Cummings Road, Akron -- August 26, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Niagara Falls Housing Authority: 744 10th Street, Niagara Falls -- August 6, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Mt. Olive Baptist Church: 701 East Delevan Avenue, Buffalo -- July 31, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Lackawanna City School District: 245 South Shore Boulevard, Lackawanna -- date yet to be released
More information can be found here.