Amherst, NY (February 25, 2013) – Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart, in collaboration with the Girl Scouts of Western New York, will present the SHINE (She Has Inner Natural Excellence) Workshop on Saturday, March 9, 2013. The program takes place from 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart, located at 3860 Main Street in Amherst. The cost is $20 per family, with participating Girl Scouts receiving the 2013 SHINE Patch.
The SHINE Workshop is designed specifically for 4-7th grade girls and their mothers. Participation in the program will raide awareness and promote a wholesome approach to building a healthy identity for young girls. SHINE features a keynote address by Cindy Odom, CEO of Girl Scouts of Western New York, followed by workshops designed to help promote the idea that all things are possible. It provides mothers and daughters a great opportunity and environment to explore news things together. Workshops include:
• Low Ropes Course (Adventure Play and Teambuilding)
• Fun With Engineering: Power It Up and Design Time
• Introduction to Yoga
• The Power of Communication
• Introduction to Martial Arts (In association with the Confucius Institute at UB)
• Healthy Cooking (Led by local Chef, Kate Elliott)
• Global Perspective: Service Project -- Girls Collaborative (Building an all girls’ school in Tanzania)
• Local Perspective: Service Project – The Empty Bowl Project (Hunger Project In WNY)
• Exploring Art
For more information, please contact Sacred Heart Academy’s Admissions Office at 716.834.2101 ext. 311 or visit www.sacredheartacademy.org for more information.