In recognition of National Heart Month, do something good for your heart by attending the Catholic Health Heart Fair on Saturday, February 19, 2011 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Kenmore Mercy Hospital, located at 2950 Elmwood Avenue in Tonawanda.
The Heart Fair is free and open to all and will include a multi-screening “Heart Risk Assessment,” along with valuable health information to reduce your risk of heart disease. The Heart Risk Assessment includes a free cholesterol screening, diabetes screening, pulse and blood pressure check, body fat analysis, and ejection fraction (EF) ECHO reading.
In addition to the free screenings, the Heart Fair will also feature:
• Representatives from Catholic Health’s AthletiCare and Cardiac Rehab providing
information on various rehabilitation programs for heart patients.
• Information on Catholic Health’s HeartStrong subacute cardiac rehabilitation program.
• Representatives from the American Heart Association providing heart health information
• Paramedics from Rural Metro Ambulance providing emergency (911) information
for chest pain, CPR and heart rhythm screenings.
• Faculty from the UB School of Dental Medicine showing how dental health
can affect your heart.
• Kenmore Mercy Hospital’s SleepCare Center providing information on sleep apnea and
how it can affect your heart.
The Heart Fair is sponsored by Catholic Health Cardiovascular Services. Free parking is available. For more information, call Catholic Health’s HealthConnection at 447-6205.