Bills Moving Forward Without Schobel

August 2, 2010 Updated Aug 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM EDT

By WKBW Programming

...

Bills Moving Forward Without Schobel

August 2, 2010 Updated Aug 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM EDT

PITTSFORD, NY (WKBW) - Buffalo Bills General Manager Buddy Nix announced Monday that the team is moving forward without LB Aaron Schobel.

"Aaron has been contemplating retirement for the past seven months, but we are at the point where we are moving forward and have informed his agent of our plans," said Nix.

Schobel said last week that he was leaning towards a return a football, however after hearing Monday's announcement, it looks like that will not be the case.

"I heard it, I'm fine with it. I'm a little bit relieved and I definitely understand where they're coming from," Schobel told Eyewitness Sports after hearing of the news.

"They're trying to move on and rebuild and do what they need to do to give themselves the best chance, and they don't want some guy just interrupting it. So I understand, and I appreciate everything Buffalo did for me," Schobel added.

When asked if his playing career was over, Schobel replied, "It's looking like it."

Stay with Eyewitness News and WKBW.com throughout the day for latest Bills Training Camp coverage both on-air and online.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.