(WKBW/Cleveland Clinic) Cookies are a big hit this time of year and sometimes we like to gobble up some of the batter before we bake.
Doctors say you may want to resist the temptation.
A new report found a couple of reasons to say no to the dough!!!!
Researchers at the Centers for Disease Control looked at the cause of an E.coli outbreak in the United States back in 2009.
They pegged the problem on unpasteurized flour in store-bought cookie dough.
All of the other ingredients in the dough underwent a process to kill
bacteria, but it was determined that the flour was the only raw agricultural product in the cookie dough.
The unpasteurized eggs also run the risk of carrying salmonella when they are uncooked.
So, doctors say your best bet is to let the batter be, especially if you have some issues with your health.