WESTERN NEW YORK - The Women of Influence Awards, which are sponsored by Business First, Lake Shore Savings Bank and Kaleida Health, will be presented to 25 women at 11:30 a.m., Sept. 19 at Salvatore's Italian Gardens.
The awards recognize the business acumen and community spirit of these women, Business First Publisher Jack Connors said.
"The panel chose these women based on their ability to rise above a very talented pool of competitors," Connors said. "We're honored to recognize their accomplishments."
Sister Denise Roche, the longtime president of D'Youville College, will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award.
The 2012 winners are listed below in the following categories.
Behind the Scenes recognizes women who, though they may not have the big title or corner office, are a driving force behind the success of their employer.
• Elizabeth Schachtner, Summit Educational Resources
Community Supporter recognizes women who go beyond the call to devote time, energy and resources to support their community
• Amy Habib-Rittling, Lippes Mathias Wexler Friedman LLP
• Mary Mullett-Flynn, Back of the Moon Watercolors
• Elizabeth Powers, Archbishop Walsh High School
Corporate Executive recognizes female executives who have made their mark in a large corporate environment.
• Melissa Baumgart, R&P Oak Hill
• Anne Curtis M.D., UB|MD Internal Medicine and University at Buffalo
• Tamara Owen, Kaleida Health
• Ann Pentkowski, Independent Health
Creativity recognizes women who solve problems in the office and enrich the lives and careers of others by sharing the benefits of experience and knowledge.
• Diane Pawlowski, Pumpkinville LLC
• Darleen Pickering-Hummert, Theatre for Change Inc.
Entrepreneur honors women who are the CEO, president or founder of a company or business venture that they helped start, build or significantly grow.
• Lidia Couzo, Sunbelt Business Brokers of WNY
• Peggy Grenauer, Excuria Salon
• Isabel Robitaille, Robitaille Real Estate
• Sharada Varanasi, Healthcare Solutions WNY
Family Business recognizes women who are helping to create a legacy at their family-owned business or company.
• Lisa Hobba, Weydman Electric Inc.
• Jennifer Kuhn, Hamburg Overhead Door
Inspiration honors women leaders who, through their words, actions and attitude, inspire those who work with and around them.
• Joanne Pearl-Barbati, JM Management Services Inc.
• Gretchen Fierle, BlueCross BlueShield
• Teresa Majors, Dopkins & Co
Nonprofit Leadership honors women who display high energy and skill in a leadership role at a nonprofit institution or organization.
• Lisa Arnet, Horizon Health Services
• Mary Jean Jakubowski, Buffalo & Erie County Public Library
• Joyce Markiewicz, Catholic Health Home Care
• Judy O'Mara, Baker Victory Services
For ticket info, contact Carlene Lippold at 716-541-1624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.