A trio of businesses, including a longtime Lockport manufacturer, have filed applications for assistance with the Niagara County Industrial Development Agency.
The IDA directors, when they meet on Wednesday morning, are expected to accept the applications -- setting up a review and possible approval in April.
At the same time, the IDA directors Wednesday morning will likely approve incentives for four projects, including the conversion of the former Moore Business Forms building at the corner of Buffalo Avenue and John Daly Boulevard in Niagara Falls into a Courtyard by Marriott hotel.
The projects seeking IDA approval in April are:
• Diversified Manufacturing wants to add 47,000 square feet to its Ohio Street plant. Diversified, which specializes in metal fabrication, welding, assembly services and machining, is consolidating its Amherst operations into the proposed Lockport expansion. The company has been in business for more than 50 years.
• Continued growth by Lake Effect Ice Cream is prompting the specialty ice cream manufacturer to buy and expand into a larger building on Canal Street in Lockport, moving from its current location on Lock Street. Lake Effect's products are sold at supermarkets and other retailers in Western New York.
• Ki Po Automotive is seeking IDA assistance to help finance the acquisition and renovation of its Ransomville dealership on Youngstown-Lockport Road. The project would also include a 4,300-square-foot addition, so Ki Po meets Chevrolet dealership standards as set by General Motors Corp. Without the renovations, Ki Po could lose the rights to its Chevy dealership.
The quartet of projects that the IDA directors will vote on Wednesday morning include:
• Indian Ocean LLC, an entity controlled by local hotelier B.F. Patel, is seeking an incentive package to help finance the conversion of the Moore Business Forms building in Niagara Falls into a Courtyard by Marriott hotel.
• Maid of the Mist Hospitality LLC is also seeking an incentive package for its planned renovations of the Comfort Inn-The Pointe hotel in Niagara Falls.
• Hydraulic Race Co., operators of the Lockport Cave and Underground Boat Ride in Lockport, is seeking incentives to help finance the construction of a 1,136-square-foot visitor's center on its Gooding Street complex.
• Geise Properties LLC-Old City Hall is proposing to renovate space at Lockport's historic Old City Hall on Pine Street. The Flight of Five Winery, as well as other food and tourism-based operations, are planned for the building.