Alfred University has announced the five winners of its 11th annual Galanis Awards for Excellence in Family Business.
This year's winners are:
• Calamar, a Wheatfield real-estate development and contracting firm
• Finger Lakes Technologies Group, a Victor provider of voice, data and video services
• Irish Cos., a Buffalo supplier of industrial gases and welding supplies
• Manitoba Corp., a Lancaster metal recycler
• Schmitt's Audi Volkswagen, a Bowmansville vehicle dealership
The winners will be honored at a luncheon next Wednesday at the Adam's Mark Hotel in Buffalo.
Galanis Awards are presented to family-owned businesses that have demonstrated commitment to their employees and the local community; innovation and foresight; and growth and stability.
Nearly 60 family firms have received Galanis Awards since 2000.