Ellicottville has the most experienced faculty of any school district in the eight counties of Western New York.
That's according to Business First's annual ratings of teacher experience, based on the years that all fulltime teachers have worked in their field. Researchers say seven of every eight Ellicottville teachers, 86.5 percent, have spent more than 10 years in front of a classroom. And 42 percent have been teaching for more than 20 years.
Here's a look at the most experienced districts:
1. Ellicottville (Cattaraugus County)
2. Akron (Erie County)
3. Chautauqua Lake (Chautauqua County)
4. Cassadaga Valley (Chautauqua County)
5. Niagara Falls (Niagara County)
6. Panama (Chautauqua County)
7. Wilson (Niagara County)
8. Westfield (Chautauqua County)
9. North Tonawanda (Niagara County)
10. Alden (Erie County)
You can get the complete list of rankings at the Business First website, bizjournals.com/buffalo
The Business First Guide to WNY Schools will hit newstands on June 14.