The following schools scored in the top 10 percent of all Western New York high schools in English and foreign languages during the past four years, winning a subject award from Business First.
Click here for top-to-bottom English/foreign languages rankings of all 135 high schools.
And click here for the latest standardized test results for those schools.
Each school is followed by the name of the district that operates it (if it's a public school) or the district where it is located (if it's a private school). See the overall rankings page for an explanation of abbreviations.
The English/foreign languages subject award winners for 2012:
• Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart (Amherst)
• Christian Central Academy (Williamsville)
• City Honors School (Buffalo)
• Clarence SHS (Clarence)
• Iroquois SHS (Iroquois)
• Mount Mercy Academy (Buffalo)
• Mount St. Mary Academy (Kenmore-Tonawanda)
• Nardin Academy HS (Buffalo)
• Orchard Park HS (Orchard Park)
• St. Francis HS (Frontier)
• St. Joseph's Collegiate Institute (Kenmore-Tonawanda)
• West Seneca East SHS (West Seneca)
• Williamsville East HS (Williamsville)
• Williamsville North HS (Williamsville)
You can get more details at: http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2012/06/13/subject-awards-for-high-schools.html