VA Man Guilty Murder of Clymer Superintendent

November 9, 2013 Updated Nov 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM EDT

By Kendra Eaglin

November 9, 2013 Updated Nov 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM EDT

Mayville, NY

It took the jury only three hours to deliberate before finding 43 year old Anthony Taglianetti guilty of murdering 51 year old Clymer School Superintendent Keith Reed.

One by one each of the 12 jurors confirmed their guilty verdict inside the Chautauqua County courtroom Friday.

There seemed to be no sense of surprise on the face of Taglianetti now convicted of second degree murder.

The verdict provided little solace to Reed's three daughters, parents and his brother Kevin who talked to reporters outside of the courtroom.

"How can you be happy about two lives being ruined? There's no happiness there. It's probably just a little bit of closure," said Kevin Reed.

The prosecution painted the Virginia man as husband who flew into a murderous rage after discovering his wife was having an affair with Reed.

But Reed's family claims he never knew the woman he was having an on-line relationship with was married.

Mary Taglianetti testified to having phone sex and sending sexual emails to Reed. She also said when the two did meet in person they had sex in a car.

"My brother was single and he can be with anyone he wanted to be with," said Kevin Reed.

But when Reed did find out about the marriage his brother Kevin claims he made a desperate attempt to get out of the situation.

However, on September 21, 2012 Taglianetti sent several threatening emails to Reed. The last one read, "I know where you are, I'm deadly serious."

Taglianetti then packed a bag and took a road trip from Virginia to the small town of Clymer.

He first went to Reed's school. When he couldn't find him there he went to the superintendent's house, shot him three times at close range and left him dead in his driveway.

Taglianetti is being held in jail without bail. His defense attorney is already planning to appeal the verdict.

Taglianetti is scheduled to be sentenced on February 24th and faces 25 years to life in prison.