(Lancaster, NY) A train fire onboard a CSX freight train heading out of Buffalo caused some anxious moments in Lancaster.
The fire broke around 8:20am onboard the lead locomotive.
Two employees were inside the cab, but were able to stop the train and exit.
Both people were treated and released at the scene.
Officials say some sort of electrical malfunction caused the fire.
Five fire districts responded to the burning locomotive, which was located in between Town Line and Ransom Roads.
Officials declared a hazmat situation because the locomotive was close to a tank car filled with diesel fuel, and another one containing Sodium Hypochlorite (commonly known as bleach).
No residents were in danger as fire crews quickly brought the situation under control.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital to be treated.