Toddler Dies After Ingesting Chili Powder, Woman Arrested, Police Say

January 8, 2013 Updated Jan 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM EDT

...

Toddler Dies After Ingesting Chili Powder, Woman Arrested, Police Say

January 8, 2013 Updated Jan 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM EDT

A shocking story from California.

According to a report from the San Bernardino County Sun, police said a 2-year-old girl died Sunday from complications after ingesting chili powder, and a 21-year-old woman was arrested in connection with the girl's death and alleged abuse.

Police said the woman is the girlfriend of the girl's father, according to the San Bernardino County Sun report.

Read the San Bernardino County Sun report HERE.