WEST SENECA, NY ( RELEASE) A 6 month long, multi-jurisdictional investigation into illegal activities at several Asian Spas in West Seneca, Cheektowaga and Depew concluded on May 2, 2011 with the execution of 8 search warrants.
The Town of West Seneca Police, Cheektowaga Police, Depew Police, Lancaster Police and Federal Authorities simultaneously executed search warrants at the locations where the Asian Spas were operating and also at two apartment buildings used by the owners of the spas and the Asian women workers. The investigation primarily focused on prostitution and human trafficking. Items seized in the warrants included financial documentation, business records, immigration documents and proceeds from illegal activities.
Approximately $45,000.00 cash was discovered secreted in multiple locations. NYS Penal Law charges for Promoting Prostitution in the 3rd degree (230.25-1 PL) have been filed against the two individuals responsible for operating the Spas. Their names are not being released at this time because they are not in custody and are a possible flight risk.
All businesses were shut down by the authorities involved in the operation. The locations are as follows:
1. Eastern Cozy Spa, 1889 Union Rd. West Seneca
2. Rising Sun Acupressure Therapy, 4038 Clinton St.,
3. AAA Acupressure, 4976 Transit Rd., Lancaster
4. Golden Spa, 4534 Clinton Street, West Seneca
5. VIP Green Spa, 5823 Transit Rd., Depew
6. VIP Acupressure Spa, 3507 Union Rd., Cheektowaga
7. 2- Apartments located at 4845 Transit Rd. Lancaster.