Buffalo firefighters battling at least three house fires in the city Thursday and the extreme cold may have caused at least one of those fires.
One man inside a home at 379 Herman Street told officials he believes a space heater ignited a blaze that completely demolished his home. First responders arrived at the scene around 7 p.m. and remained on scene for several hours.
About two thirds of fire deaths this time of year are caused by portable or fixed space heaters.
Officials are urging the public to be safe when trying to stay warm.
Click the video link above to view the complete story.