BUFFALO, NY (WKBW/Release) - Senator Maziarz (R-Newfane) is proud to announce that he recently received high ratings from both The Business Council and Unshackle Upstate in preparation for this fall's election.
Maziarz received a 90 out of 100 from The Business Council and an 88 out of 100 from Unshackle Upstate.
"I am extremely honored and pleased to have earned such high scores from both organizations," said Senator George D. Maziarz.
"I have and will continue to be a strong advocate for Upstate New York as well as New York State Businesses. Businesses are essential to this state, as they drive both our economy and jobs."
"Likewise, it is imperative that Upstate New York, and particularly Western New York not be overlooked when it comes to both legislation and funding. I will continue to sponsor legislation and to fight for these organizations as they are a driving force behind the success of this state."
Senator Maziarz lead the charge and supported numerous pieces of legislation in the Senate during the last two years that lead to his high rating from both organizations. Highlights include:
· Supporting two consecutive budgets that cut year to year spending (Business Council and Unshackle)
· Sponsored the 2% Property Tax Cap (Business Council and Unshackle)
· Sponsored the Landmark Recharge NY Bill (Business Council and Unshackle)
· Sponsored S5769-Prevents PSC regulation of voice over internet protocol (VOIP) (Business Council and Unshackle)
· Sponsored l-S3203-B-Sales tax exemption for commercial solar equipment - (Business Council)
· Co-sponsor of S7662-Repeal of 18a Assessment (Unshackle)