WELLSVILLE Allegany County, NY (WKBW / Wellsville Daily.com)
Eyewitness News cameras were in Wellsville, Scio, and the Southern Tier covering how people there are handling the weekend soaking of rain.
Here is the latest from the WellsvilleDaily.com.
WELLSVILLE — Officials from around Allegany County held a press conference at the Wellsville Municipal Building Saturday morning to discuss what happened with the flooding on Friday and what roads remained closed.
• Jeff Luckey, the director of emergency services for Allegany County, said two inches of rain fell in one hour causes damage and flooding in Wellsville, Willing and Scio.
• Madison Street is closed in part of the village of Wellsville today.
• Smith Hollow Road in the town of Wellsville will be closed for a long time. Two six-foot cross over pipes (tubes) are up. Wellsville Town Supervisor Dar Fanton said one has to be replaced, then both put back in the road.
• The travel ban was lifted by Allegany County Sheriff Rick Whitney at midnight on Friday.
• Firefighters from Wellsville and Cuba were at the scene of a fire that destroyed the St. James on Main Street.
For a link to get more information from Wellsville, go to the "news links" section of wkbw.com