There's a new warning about keeping kids away from laundry detergent pods.
A report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention identifies reports of children ingesting single-dose detergent capsules.
Poison Control centers nationwide have reported more than 1,000 cases. The vast majority involved children 5 years old and younger.
The pods are designed to dissolve quickly and contain very concentrated detergents. Doctors say the detergents react in kids' bodies differently than usual laundry detergents.
Ingesting the pods can cause vomiting, drowsiness, and problems breathing.
Manufacturers stress the pods should be kept away from children.
This report is published in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.