Rams Beat Bills in Final Minute

December 9, 2012 Updated Dec 9, 2012 at 6:37 PM EDT

By WKBW News


Rams Beat Bills in Final Minute

December 9, 2012 Updated Dec 9, 2012 at 6:37 PM EDT

ORCHARD PARK (WKBW) The Bills had a chance to fight for their playoff lives at home, but found a way to lose in the final minute, just about crushing their postseason dreams.

The first half was no an offensive showcase by any stretch, but instead was all about turnovers and field goals. The teams traded three-and-outs until a Buffalo drive was capped by a Rian Lindell 35 yard field goal to put the Bills in front 3-0.

Late in the first the Bills were driving again, courtesy of back to back 20+ yard pass plays that put the Bills in the red zone.That was followed by a Fred Jackson fumble, recovered by the Rams.

The Bills would even up the turnover count in the second, with a tipped ball intercepted by Stephon Gilmore. He would return the pick to the endzone, but a flag on the Bills would take points off the board. Buffalo would end the half with a field goal to make the contest 6-0.

The Rams would push the ball down the field early in the 2nd half, capped off by a Stephen Jackson 1 yard touchdown run to make it 7-6 St. Louis.

The Bills answer with a drive of their own, ending in a 1 yard touchdown pass from Ryan Fitzpatrick to Lee Smith. A botched PAT would lead to a 12-7 Buffalo lead.

On the injury front, Fred Jackson left the game in the fourth quarter after a running play. He was carted into the locker room. Chan Gailey said it "didn't look good."

Late in the fourth, St. Louis drove down the field and with 55 seconds left, Sam Bradford connected to Brandon Gibson for the go-ahead touchdown. With the successful two point conversion, the Rams went up 15-12.

The Bills had one final chance to tie, but while driving, Ryan Fitzpatrick was intercepted to cap off a Bills loss.

The Bills fall to 5-8 on the season with the 15-12 loss. They travel to Toronto next weekend to take on the Seattle Seahawks.