Raging Fire Destroys Two Businesses

March 13, 2014 Updated Mar 13, 2014 at 6:18 PM EDT

By HILARY LANE

...
March 13, 2014 Updated Mar 13, 2014 at 6:18 PM EDT

FREDONIA, N.Y. (WKBW) - Officials say a halogen light bulb placed near flammable material led to a raging fire destroying two Chautauqua County businesses.

The blaze broke out a little after 8 p.m. during the blizzard Wednesday night. No one was injured.

The two businesses, West Wind Archery and Taxidermy and Fredonia Pet Parlor are a complete loss. The fire started at the pet parlor.

The business owners say they are thankful for the outpouring of love and support from the community.

The owner of West Wind Archery and Taxidermy says he is working with his insurance company to ensure all of his customers receive their deposits back.