Empty Beer Bottles Found In Oakfield Car Crash

August 8, 2010 Updated Aug 8, 2010 at 1:00 PM EDT

By WKBW News

August 8, 2010 Updated Aug 8, 2010 at 1:00 PM EDT

The tire tracks on Albion Road in the Town of Oakfield tell a chilling story of the single-car crash that happened at 1:30 Saturday morning.

A 2005 Scion TC traveling south on Albion Rd collided with a utility pole near the Lockport Road intersection

"I didn't believe it...didn't believe it...and thought about if for a few minutes and just went into tears," said Jonathan Brownell, the driver's best friend.

Twenty-one year old Joshua Durham of Basom was driving the car with his girlfriend, 20-year-old Allyson Galens of Stanley in the front passenger seat. Their friend, 22-year-old Matthew Ware of Batavia was in the back seat. Deputies say the driver lost control and slammed into a utility pole before flipping over.

When paramedics arrived on the scene the two front seat passengers were still pinned inside. Matthew Ware had been ejected from the vehicle. He was found 30-feet from the crash in a wooded area. Both Joshua and Matthew were pronounced dead at the scene. Allyson, was air lifted to ECMC where she died several hours later. Her parents and family made a painful trip to the sight of the collision today. They sifted through debris from the crash in silence.

Brownell remember his best friend, "Best guy in the world, do anything for you, friendliest guy, funny, smart outgoing. Give you the shirt off his back."

Investigators say the trio had attended the Elba Onion Festival before the crash. News of the deadly collision was sobering for people who attended the event today.

"It's just a tragedy, I feel terrible," said Jane Graber, who attended the festival.

"I just can't even imagine being a parent and loosing a child. That's just the absolute worse thing that could happen. I just reach out to the parents, it's just so sad," said Mary Ellen Dorman, who also attended the festival today.

The investigation will take several weeks to complete. Investigators tell Eyewitness News it could take up to four months before they get toxicology results back.