Orchard Park, NY(WKBW) There are some new rules for fans to follow if they head out to Ralph Wilson Stadium for Sunday's home opener. Most of the changes have been made in the interest of fan safety. The changes are below from buffalobills.com.
1. Abbott Road Limited Access: As a reminder to fans, in an effort to improve traffic flow and fan safety at Ralph Wilson Stadium, Abbott Road will be closed to all vehicle traffic on game days between the south entrance of Lot B and the north entrance of Lot C.
2. Arrive Early: Fans are urged to plan their tailgating strategy in advance and avoid parking issues and traffic delays.
3. Parking lots now open at 9:00 a.m. (Four hours prior to the 1:00 p.m. kickoff).
4. Stadium gates for entry into the game open at 11:30 a.m. Fans that arrive at the gates closer to kickoff time will experience delays and may miss all of the pregame festivities and possibly the Bills kickoff as well.
5. Enhanced pat-down procedure The new procedure is a recommendation from the NFL in accordance with the league's Best Practices policies and will be performed by Stadium security staff at the gate entries. This will include a knee to ankle pat-down in an effort to enhance the security and safety for fans at the game.
6. Ralph Wilson Stadium has joined the growing number of major league sports facilities in adopting a smoke-free policy. There is no smoking permitted at Ralph Wilson Stadium.