Sticky Situation: Man Mistakes Super Glue for Eye Drops

October 11, 2011 Updated Oct 11, 2011 at 1:07 PM EDT

...

Sticky Situation: Man Mistakes Super Glue for Eye Drops

October 11, 2011 Updated Oct 11, 2011 at 1:07 PM EDT

A 69-year-old Maryland man found himself in a sticky situation recently.

According to Baltimore television station WMAR, the man mistook a bottle of his 11-year-old nephew's super glue for the eye drops prescribed to him by his doctor following cataract surgery in September.

The man was taken to the hospital, where doctors removed his eyelashes and the excess glue, according to the story. He did not suffer any serious injuries as a result of the mix-up.

Watch video and read the WMAR story HERE.