The girlfriend of a 31-year-old New Zealand man who choked and died while eating an in-flight meal last week sat next to his body for the remaining nine hours of the flight, according to a story in the New Zealand Herald.
According to the report, the couple was flying from Singapore to Auckland to celebrate his parents' 50th birthdays when the man started choking while eating the in-flight meal. A doctor and two nurses performed CPR on the man but were not able to save him.
The man's body was moved to a crew rest area, and the girlfriend asked to sit next to his body for the remainder of the flight.
Read the New Zealand Herald story HERE.