Fans entering First Niagara Center this Buffalo Sabres’ season will be greeted by several new menu items, regardless of where they sit.
Delaware North Cos. Sportservice, Tuesday afternoon, unveiled an array of food items that will be sold at various concession stands around the arena as well as specialized foods geared towards the Harbour Club 200 and suite holders.
“There’s always been an evolution when it comes to food we offer at First Niagara Center, but this season it is probably a little more dramatic,” said Scott Green, Sportservice and First Niagara Center executive chef.
Delaware North has been working on the menu offerings since the end of last season in April. Most of the additions were created by Green and his staff, although some items were tweaked from offerings Delaware North Sportservice has in other sports and entertainment venues.
“Our goal was to impress our guests,” Green said.
Among the items found at the concession stands include:
• Fried Pickles.
• Sabre Sandwich, a grilled steak burger topped with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, spicy barbecued-pulled pork on a double decker sesame seed bun. It comes with dill pickle chips.
• The Big Puck, which is a 16-ounce steak burger and a pound of toppings including American cheese, lettuce, tomato, sliced onions, pickle chips and a special Sabre sauce. It comes with a pound of French fries.
• Shrimp tacos.
• Chicken Ohilly, a seasoned and grilled chicken breast with sautéed onions and peppers and topped with a white cheddar sauce.
Suite holders will see such new items as:
• Sweet & Savory healthy snack assortment including kettle corn chips, yogurt-covered pretzels and raisins, dried tropical fruit, gluten-free chocolate chip cookies and honey-roasted cashews.
• Cobb salad.
• Salmon wasabi sliders.
• Bubbling crab dip.
• Beef birsket and barbecue chicken served with a side of baked beans and corn bread.
• Chicken and shrimp jambalaya.
• Crab cakes.
• Bourbon glazed pork ribs.
• Greek chicken pita.
Among the new offerings in the Harbour Club 200 will be:
• Autumn salad.
• Asian brisket sandwiches
• Butternut mac-and-cheese.
• An “always fresh” bacon cheeseburger.
The arena’s Lexus Club will feature such new menu items as:
• Roasted pibil pork tacos
• The “Juicy Lucy Trio” of Buffalo Chicken, bacon cheese and beef on weck sandwiches.
• Fried cheese
• Pepper-dusted walleye.
• Sesame-seared tuna.
“The point was to make this a more personalized approach,” Green said.