TOWN OF PENDLETON, NY ( WKBW ) A garage fire turned into an explosive situation for firefighters in Niagara County Sunday.
A fire broke out at a home on Aiken Road in the Town of Pendleton around 11:30a.m. Sunday morning.
About an hour and a half later, the fire spread to the adjacent home and apparently ignited fireworks firefighters say were stored in an attic storage area. Those fireworks apparently caused an explosion.
The residents of the Aiken Road residence were not at home at the time of the fire.
No firefighters were hurt battling the blaze. The home is pegged at a total loss, and the cause of the fire remains under investigation.