BUFFALO, NY (WKBW) -- The clean up continues at Salerno Paint Factory in Buffalo after a major fire destroys the building.
The fumes and even the clean up at the factory posing a potential health risk, according to sources. Several firefighters were taken to the hospital to check on their health and a few also suffered from heat exhaustion, the Buffalo Fire Commissioner confirmed.
The fire on Wyoming Avenue sent flames and smoke shooting into the air Tuesday afternoon at the factory. People who live and work near by were told to keep windows closed to avoid breathing in the fumes. "I got a little dizzy, headache," one area employee said.
Firefighters were able to keep most of any building damage contained to the factory. The cause of the four alarm fire, which had nearly every fire truck in the city on scene, remains under investigation.