TOWN OF ROYALTON, NY (WKBW-TV) - A family is safe today after fire fully engulfed their home at 4729 Cottage Road in the Town of Royalton. Upon arrival, crews observed the fire was fully engulfed and the three people inside were already out of the home safely.
The homeowners, Thomas and Barbara Vendetta were taken to Lockport hospital for evaluation of possible smoke inhalation. National Grid was called into turn the power off and the Red Cross is assisting the adults.
The blaze is currently under investigation by the Niagara County Fire Investigation Unit. The house is estimated to be a total loss.