School students will soon be eating healthier meals.
According to U.S. Department of Agriculture on Wednesday announced new nutrition standards for school meals.
According to the USDA the changes include:
* Ensuring students are offered both fruits and vegetables every day of the week;
* Substantially increasing offerings of whole grain-rich foods;
* Offering only fat-free or low-fat milk varieties;
* Limiting calories based on the age of children being served to ensure proper portion size; and
* Increasing the focus on reducing the amounts of saturated fat, trans fats and sodium.
Read the Department of Agriculture story HERE.