TONAWANDA, N.Y (WKBW) - The Erie County SPCA is asking for help saving a 3-year-old Chocolate Labrador Retriever severely burned in a fire on Eagle Street in Buffalo.
According to Gina Browning, Director of Public Relations, "Rosci" almost died in the fire which occured a few weeks ago. She had been receiving veterinarian treatment, but because her burns and injuries were so severe, the financial burden became so high that her owner had to surrender her to the SPCA.
Browning said they were unsure if Rocsi would survive the weekend, but survive she did.
The task of getting her to full recovery however has become difficult.
"We'd like to appeal to the community to help us save this sweetheart," said Browning.
For information on how you can help, click HERE.